Saturday, February 16, 2008

Books I Read This Week

Daisy's Back in Town by Rachel Gibson - I don't think I would have bought this book if I knew it was a secret baby story. I've enjoyed her other books set in Idaho more than this one.






Beyond the Dark by Angela Knight, Emma Holly, Lora Leigh & Diane Whiteside - Angela Knight's story about superheroes was pretty awesome. Diane Whiteside's story bored me to death and I lost interest about halfway through. I don't think I've ever given up on a short story. Emma Holly's was a delightful little taste of her demon world books. Lora Leigh's was just enhhh. Super sped up version of her breed books.





Bubbles Unbound by Sarah Strohmeyer is the first book in a great series about Bubbles Yablonsky, a hairdresser turned P.I. who solves a local murder. Funny, quirky and sexy. 




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was less than impressed with "Daisy's Back" considering how much I loved "See Jane Score" and was moderately fond of Rachel Gibson's earlier books. I confess, I haven't read any of Gibson's work since "Daisy" and don't see myself picking her back up again in the near-distant future.

Shanna Vaughn said...

I actually liked I'm In No Mood For Love and Tangled Up in You. I've been getting her backlist stuff from the used book store so if I'm disappointed then at least I didn't spend much.