Monday, April 21, 2008

From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris

I was so happy when my review copy of From Dead to Worse showed up at my door. I've been a fan of the Sookie Stackhouse series from the first book and I've come to really like all of Charlaine Harris's books. She has a few other series that she writes that are all a little bit different but have her signature sense of humor.

In this 8th book of the series, Sookie finds out she's not as alone as she thought she was. Two people enter her life that have the potential to change just about everything. One of them (I think) explains why vampires like Sookie so much. The other person (I predict) will be someone that she can really identify with and will have a very big impact on her life in a positive way. Sookie seems to have crap luck with men yet again when Quinn goes MIA after they survive the bombing of the vampire summit in Rhodes. In addition, her dumb ass brother makes her pay for his own foolish mistake. If that's not enough, former boyfriend and werewolf, Alicide Herveaux draws Sookie into a violent power struggle in his pack.

I feel like there's so many things I can't give details on otherwise it will spoil the book for you. The bottom line is that it's a great story. Charlaine deftly manages to avoid the pitfalls that other authors have experienced when their series goes hardcover. She keeps things fresh and interesting but at the same time bringing you back to a familiar world. Definitely A+. 

2 comments:

robynr said...

Your so lucky! I can't wait to read From Dead to Worse. I love the Sookie series. The tiny details you have given are making the wait even worse :)

Shanna Vaughn said...

I'm sure you'll love it. At least there's only two more weeks 'till the release date.